2022 OCFFL ENTRY RULES & FORM
ENTRY RULES AND FORM
Please read the following entry rules and click on the entry form at the bottom of the page.
The entry deadline is March 10.
The game format for the Flag Football Regional Tournament is 5-a-side.
Age Categories and divisions can be found at the bottom of the page.
- Application to enter the Flag Football Regionals Tournament must be made on the online entry form. Football Ontario members must be registered with an association if they wish to participate. Non-members must fill out the (forms) to be able to participate.
- Deadline: Application forms must be submitted by Thursday, March 10, 2022. Forms will not be accepted if submitted after the deadline.
- Entry Fee: Football Ontario members will have to pay an entry fee of $400. Non-Members will have to pay an entry fee of $500.
- Coaches and assistants must have the appropriate certificate to coach in the Flag Football Regional Tournament. The following certificates must have been completed:
- Safe Sport E-Learning
- Making headway in football
- Each region is guaranteed to have one team in the final round. Finals will be played in London at City Wide Sports Park on May 21st and 22nd.
The following table is a representation of the regional breakdown for the Flag Football Regional Tournament:
|South Tournament:||Niagara (April 2)|
|GTA Tournament 1:||Burlington (April 16)|
|North East:||Ottawa (April 23)|
|GTA Tournament 2:||York (April 30)|
The Flag Football Regional Tournament will be played in the following age divisions:
|Under 12 Mixed (10-11)||2011 – 2012|
|Under 14 Male, Under 14 Female (12-13)||2009 – 2010|
|Under 16 Male, Under 16 Female (14-15)||2007 – 2008|
|Under 18 Male, Under 18 Female (16-17)||2005 – 2006|
|Under 20 Male, Under 20 Female (18-19)||2003 – 2004|
- The Flag Football Region Tournament is open for registration to all age groups in each age division in every region listed above
- All members and non-members are eligible to register a team to participate in the Flag Football Regional Tournament.
- Players may only play for one team during the tournament
- Games will be played following the 5-a-side rules published by Football Canada.
- There will be a total of four teams per age division
- Roster size: Teams must have a minimum of seven players with a maximum of twelve players per team. Mixed-gender teams must have a minimum of two players for each gender.
- Tournaments are one day for each region.
- Guarantee 3 games, two round robin and one playoff
- The final round will be made up of a total of eight teams. The teams will be the winners of each region, one wildcard team, one host team, and one Team Ontario team.
- The final round will be played at:
City Wide Sports Park, 1510 Commissioners Road East, London, Ontario, Canada
- The final round will be played on May 21st and 22nd.
- Fees: Provincial entry fee for members is $400 and $500 for non-members
- Each team is guaranteed to play a total of four games, two on Saturday and two on Sunday
- Any team failing to show up or produce a minimum of seven players to participate will:
- Forfeit its entry fee
- Pay any applicable officials and travelling fees/expenses incurred
- Managers and coaches of the team failing to be present/produce the minimum playing number may be subject to further disciplinary action.
- Football Ontario and the OCFFL committee will not be responsible for any expenses incurred by any team or individual if the tournament is rescheduled or cancelled.
- Football Ontario shall decide on all matters about the tournament. The rules created by Football Ontario are final and subject to no further appeal.
REGISTER FOR A REGIONAL TOURNAMENT