Football Ontario Futures
Football Ontario Futures is the open identification process for Ontario football players ages 12-18. The goal is to create a streamlined identification process for all athletes ages 12-18 to be evaluated that is inclusive to everybody.
Football Ontario wishes to create an entry point for player to develop into our high-performance pathways, measure specific metrics, and grant the players exposure and promotion to help further their football careers.
For The Program
Large Participation, Low Costs, & Execution of of the LTAD Model
For The Players
Entry point to develop them as high-performance bound players, measure metrics and give the player exposure and promotion
A smooth and simple process that allows players to be tracked and ranked easily
For The Coaches
Opportunity for community coaches to gain exposure to High Performance
DEVELOPING FUTURE ATHLETES – SIX MAIN FACTORS
- Prioritizing Athlete Safety
- Standardizattion and Recruitment
- Creating Accessible Online Interactive Content
- Introduction to High Performance for U14 Athletes
- Off Season Training and Development
- Tracking of Individual Performance
In 2022, the Football Ontario Futures and Identification Camps will be held via a virtual format with a total of four weekly sessions
The price of the camp is set at $49.99 (late fee has been waived) in addition to having a 2022 Football Ontario High Performance membership.
- Session 1
- Introduction to High Performance
- Recruitment 101
- What it Means to be ALL IN
- Session 2
- Next Play Mentality Part 1
- High Performance Strength and Conditioning
- Special Teams Fundamentals Part 1
- Session 3
- Next Play Mentality Part 2
- High Performance Football Fundamentals
- Special Teams Fundamentals Part 2
- Session 4
- U Sports Recruitment Session
- High Performance Offensive Fundamentals
- High Performance Defensive Fundamentals
To be considered for Team Ontario you must be registered for our virtual Futures camps. This is just the first phase of the Team Ontario selection process and roadmap. To view the entire Road Map CLICK HERE.
If you have any questions about the upcoming tryouts, you can contact Football Ontario’s Director of Sport, JT Tsui at firstname.lastname@example.org.
REMINDER: FULL VACCINATION STATUS AND PROOF OF VACCINATION ARE REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY FOOTBALL CANADA SANCTIONED EVENTS.