Ontario Community Flag Football League
What is the Ontario Community Flag Football League?
The first provincial wide amateur 5-a-side and 7-a-side flag football league in Ontario providing a pathway to provincial championships for males and females from ages 10 -18+ aligned with Football Canada and the Canadian Flag Football League.
Club/Association ———-> Regionals————–> Provincials ————-> Nationals ————> Team Canada
Why participate in the OCFFL?
- Encourage local development of flag football leagues and tournements
- Engage non-traditional football athletes to the game
- Provide regional and provincial championships for flag football in the province
- Provide high performance selection pathways for Team Ontario: Coaches, Athletes and Officials
- Pathway to National and International flag competition delivered by Football Canada and IFAF
Who can participate?
- Any member association of Football Ontario can submit a team.
- Any member association of Football Ontario can submit a bid to host a regional or provincial championship
Note: Due to the limited space available for sport due to COVID restrictions registration will be limited
COVID-19 restrictions for Tournements
Exhibition games, tournaments/festivals and leagues can be organized under the following conditions:
- Organization of such events can only take place in Orange, Yellow or Green restriction zones.
- Multiple teams, from different Clubs/Academies can form groupings (“Competitive Bubbles”) of no more than 50 players to participate in a sanctioned league or sanctioned competition of Football Ontario as per the current government order.
- Note: Any government directives which impact bubble size, etc., will be communicated to membership accordingly.
- Teams must observe a minimum of 14 days of “Team Isolation” before playing games within a different team “bubble” or against a new team outside the “bubble”.
- During the “Team Isolation” period, only activities within the team can take place (i.e. training, inter-squad games.)
Cost to Participate
OCFFL tournment cost is $45 per athlete
Benefits of Participating in the OCFFL?
- No league fees
- Host regional or provincial events
- Participation growth oppurtunity
- Access for members to regional and provincial championship
- Oppurtunity to increase fundraising
- COVID-19 compliant programming
- Male and Female Pathways
- Skill development for traditionally contact players
- Low-cost competition that is COVID-19 compliant
- New oppurtunities for non-traditionall football athletes to participate in football
- Potential cross-provincial competition
- Opportunity to represent Ontario at Regional and National competitions
- Oppurtunity to earn representation with Team Canada at senior level
South Eastern Ontario Regional 1: Date and Location TBD
South Eastern Ontario Regional 2: Date and Location TBD
South Western Ontario Regional 1: Date and Location TBD
South Western Ontario Regional 2: Date and Location TBD
Greater Toronto Area East 1: YORK REGION DATE TBD
Greater Toronto Area East 2:Date and Location TBD
Greater Toronto Area West 1:Date and Location TBD
Greater Toronto Area West 2:Date and Location TBD
North Eastern Ontario Regional 1: OTTAWA DATE TBD
North Eastern Ontario Regional 2: BELLEVILLE DATE TBD
North Western Ontario Regional 1:Date and Location TBD
North Western Ontario Regional 2:Date and Location TBD
Note: Dates and locations for Regional and Provincial competitions will be dependent on local, regional and provincial health restriction and compliance with COVID-19 protocols.
OCFFL Provincial Championship: Date and Location TBD
OCFFL Age Categories/Divisions
Reserve your teams spot in Regionals
Expression of Interest Team Registration: HERE
Under 12 Mixed (10-11)
Under 14 Male (12-13)
Under 14 Female (12-13)
Under 16 Male (14-15)
Under 16 Female (14-15)
Under 18 Male (16-17)
Under 18 Female (16 – 17)
Under 20 Male (18-19)
Under 20 Female (18-19)
Senior Mens 18+
Senior Womens 18+