For Immediate Release
December 1, 2022
Football Ontario Unveils 2023 Team Ontario Women and Girls Flag Coaching Staffs
Football Ontario Announces the Team Ontario Women’s and Girls Flag Coaching Staffs
Hamilton, Ontario – Football Ontario has officially unveiled the 2023 Team Ontario coaching staffs for the Women’s Flag Program.
The coaching staffs are to be led by a few returning coaches from the 2022 High-Performance year after their success at Nationals in Ottawa and PEI.
The U20 and SR Women’s Flag Program will be led by General Manager and Head Coach, Ashley Docking.
“I am so honoured to be named the GM of Team Ontario and help lead Women’s Flag Football into the future by creating opportunities for any and everyone to compete and play the game I love.” says Ashley Docking.
The U18 Girls Flag Program is to be co-led by returning coaches Stephanie Thinn and Jori Ritchie. Both coaches led the U18 program to success at Provincials and Nationals in 2022 and will return as Co-Head Coach and General Manager for 2023.
Football Ontario is excited to have these talented and experienced women lead the Team Ontario program in 2023. The organization believes these are the right people to lead the players to a successful year and a success at Nationals.
“I am excited to work alongside our Team Ontario Women’s Flag General Managers to develop our flag football programs, and to create more pathways for women and girls in Ontario. Football Ontario continues to grow our number of flag football participants, and I am eager to develop our 2023 provincial teams, in order to represent our province this summer at our National Tournaments,” says Emily Todd, Programs Manager with Football Ontario.
In addition to these coaches, Football Ontario is also seeking a Head Coach and Assistant Coach for the U16 Team Ontario Girls Flag Team.
Job Title: Girls U16 Flag Head Coach and Girls U16 Flag Assistant Coach
Application Deadline: December 15/22
Starting Date: January 1/23
- The Head Coach and Assistant Coach, while working closely with Football Ontario staff, will create and implement a plan to help grow and develop the Team Ontario Flag Program.
- The selected candidate will be responsible for providing a positive experience through their leadership of a competitive football program that values respect, teamwork, and achievement.
- Coaches will require training and values consistent with that of the NCCP.
- In conjunction with Football Ontario staff and the High-performance committee will develop and roll out a year-round high-performance program that focuses on identifying, developing, and preparing high performance athletes
- Lead coach Mentorship Program
- Attend camps, the U16 Eastern Regional, and all other Regional Identification Camps/Tournaments. This will require travelling to the various camps in the province. National Championship tournament dates are usually in July/August and will require 5-7-day commitment.
- Canadian permanent resident or Canadian Citizen
- Member of Football Canada and Football Ontario
- Fully Certified NCCP Level III or in training in the NCCP Competitive Development Context
- (Completion of Safe Contact, Making Headway in Football, Making Ethical Decisions and the MED on-line evaluation and 1 of the 6 multisport modules)
- Completion of Safe Sport (in the locker)
- Prior coaching at this age level will be an asset.
- Is committed to foster a Safe Sport environment for all athletes.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a resume with cover letter as well as three letters of reference (including a supervisor/manager of the team of your current position) and a copy of NCCP certification to:
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Stay tuned for more information on the Team Ontario program in the coming month.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
ABOUT FOOTBALL ONTARIO: Football Ontario is the sanctioned provincial governing body for football in Ontario, through its focus on transparency, growth, alignment and excellence, is engaged in providing football opportunities for all of Ontario. Football Ontario is driven by a commitment to deliver football programming, opportunities and resources for its members and the provincial football stakeholders. Please visit: footballontario.net