For Immediate Release
November 17, 2022
Football Ontario Seeking Apprentice Coach for the U18 Male Team Ontario Tackle Program
Football Ontario Looking to Bring on Apprentice Coach for U18 Male Team
Hamilton, Ontario – Football Ontario is now accepting applications for an Apprentice coaching position with the U18 Male Team Ontario Tackle Program.
The coach will be a full member of the staff and participate in all activities up to and including the 2023 Canada Cup next July. The organization is seeking a motivated, disciplined and dedicated person who has recently entered the coaching ranks, who is eager to learn from the experienced coaches on staff and support the players in their development. The selected apprentice coach must be a community or high school coach.
Job Title: Male Under 18 Tackle Apprentice Coach
Application Deadline: December 1st
Starting Date: December 10th
- The Apprentice Coach, while working closely with Football Ontario staff, the Head Coach, and the coaching staff, will assist in the development and implementation of programming.
- The selected candidate will be responsible for providing a positive experience through their leadership of a competitive football program that values respect, teamwork, and achievement.
- Coaches will require training and values consistent with that of the NCCP (at Football Ontario’s expense if not already completed).
- In conjunction with Football Ontario staff and the High-performance committee will develop and roll out a year-round high-performance program that focuses on identifying, developing, and preparing high performance athletes
- Attend development camps, the Canada Cup, and other Regional Identification Camps. This will require travelling to the various camps in the province. National Championship tournament dates are usually in July/August and will require 7–14-day commitment.
- Canadian permanent resident or Canadian Citizen
- Member of Football Canada and Football Ontario
- NCCP Training (in the locker – at Football Ontario’s expense if not yet completed)
- Prior playing experience or coaching at this age level will be an asset.
- Is committed to foster a Safe Sport environment for all athletes.
- Experience leading young people in organized activities, such as, but not limited to, coaching
- Comfortable speaking to a group
- Must be a community coach or high school coach
- Vulnerable Sector Check must be completed
Interested candidates are asked to communicate with Football Ontario’s Director of Sport to indicate their interest prior to DECEMBER 1:
The organization would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
ABOUT FOOTBALL ONTARIO: Football Ontario is the sanctioned provincial governing body for football in Ontario, through its focus on transparency, growth, alignment and excellence, is engaged in providing football opportunities for all of Ontario. Football Ontario is driven by a commitment to deliver football programming, opportunities and resources for its members and the provincial football stakeholders. Please visit: footballontario.net