For Immediate Release
October 21, 2022
Football Ontario Looks to Hire Coaches/Staff for 2023 U16 Team Ontario Male Tackle Program Program
Football Ontario Seeks to Fill Team Ontario Coaching and Staff Positions
Hamilton, Ontario – Football Ontario is currently accepting applications for a variety of roles with the U16 Team Ontario male tackle football program for the 2023 season.
Application Deadline: November 4/22
Duration: One Year
- Offensive Coordinator
- Defensive Coordinator
- Special Teams Coordinator
- Offensive Assistant(s)/Positional Coaches
- Defensive Assistant(s)/Positional Coaches
- Mentee Coach
- General Manager
Football Ontario is accepting applicants for the coaching and staff positions for a period covering:
- 2022/23 Football Ontario Identification Process: Player Identification and Identification Camps
- 2022/23 High Performance Academy
- 2023 Development Camps
- 2023 Red Black Weekend
- 2023 Football Canada Eastern Regional Challenge
The coaches and staff will work closely with the head coach, fellow coaches, and Football Ontario staff. To assist with team selections, coaches may be required to attend identification, development, or selection camps in addition to events such as the Football Canada Eastern Challenge.
The successful applicants must foster the values of the organization which includes teamwork, respect, transparency, and excellence. Through their leadership skills, they must create an environment which promotes a positive safe sport experience for the athletes, coaching and support staff.
- A minimum of two of the coaching positions must be filled with community coaches
- Membership with Football Ontario (PSO)
- Completion of Making Ethical Decisions (MED) online evaluation
- Completion of Making Head Way in Football e-learning module
- Completion of Football Canada Safe Contact training
- Completion of Competition Introduction Position Coach Training (Coordinators = Mandatory/Positional Coaches = Recommended)
- Fully Certified NCCP Level III or in-training in the NCCP Competition-Development Context
Aside from the event commitments, the successful applicants must foster the values of the organization which includes teamwork, respect, transparency and excellence. Through their leadership skills, they must create an environment which promotes a positive safe sport experience for the athletes, coaches and support staff.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a resume with cover letter as well as three letters of reference (including a supervisor/manager of the team of your current position) and the proper certification, as per the application, BY EMAIL to:
JT Tsui, Director of Sport
Kamau Peterson, U16 Male Tackle HC
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
ABOUT FOOTBALL ONTARIO: Football Ontario is the sanctioned provincial governing body for football in Ontario, through its focus on transparency, growth, alignment and excellence, is engaged in providing football opportunities for all of Ontario. Football Ontario is driven by a commitment to deliver football programming, opportunities and resources for its members and the provincial football stakeholders. Please visit: footballontario.net