For Immediate Release
December 9, 2021
Football Ontario Seeking U14 Head Coaches
Football Ontario Looks to Hire Two U14 Head Coaches for the Male Tackle Program
Hamilton, Ontario – Football Ontario is currently accepting applications for two Head Coaching positions with the U14 Team Ontario Male Tackle Program.
Positions: U14 Team Ontario Red HC & U14 Team Ontario Black HC
Application Deadline: December 27, 2021
Starting Date: Immediate
Reports To: Director of Sport
Location: Virtual and On-Site
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Head Coach, while working closely with the Director of Sport, will help grow and develop the U14 Team Ontario High-Performance program.
- The selected candidate will be responsible for providing a positive experience through their leadership of a competitive football program that values inclusion, excellence, growth and community.
- The Head Coach will develop a plan to select a coaching staff in conjunction with Football Ontario personnel. Coaches will require training and values consistent with that of the NCCP.
- In conjunction with Football Ontario staff and the High-Performance committee will develop a year-round program that focuses on identifying, developing and preparing high-performance athletes
- Attend Football Futures/ID clinics, Regional Development camps, and the Red-Black weekend in April. This will require traveling to the various camps in the province.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage and develop other coaches
- Strong team player with ability to work independently
- Initiative and ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Willingness to consistently learn and grow
- Highly-developed understanding of Football
- Travel is required
- Must be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Membership with Football Ontario (PSO)
- Completion of Making Ethical Decisions (MED) on-line evaluation
- Completion of Making Headway in Football e-learning module
- Completion of Football Canada Safe Contact training
- Demonstrates an on-going commitment to coaching development and growth
- Coaching experience at multiple levels (e.g. high school, community, CJFL) is an asset.
- Must be available to attend the Football Futures/ID camps on the weekend of January 8-9
- January 8 – University of Toronto
- January 9 – Westbrook Dome (Kingston)
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send all cover letters and resumes by December 27, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org citing the position title in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
ABOUT FOOTBALL ONTARIO: Football Ontario is the sanctioned provincial governing body for football in Ontario, through its focus on transparency, growth, alignment and excellence, is engaged in providing football opportunities for all of Ontario. Football Ontario is driven by a commitment to deliver football programming, opportunities and resources for its members and the provincial football stakeholders. Please visit: footballontario.net