For Immediate Release
January 31, 2024
Football Ontario Seeking Manager of Flag Development
Football Ontario Looks to Bring on a Full-Time Manager of Flag Development
Hamilton, Ontario – Football Ontario is currently accepting applications for a Manager of Flag Development position with the organization.
TITLE: Manager of Flag Development
TYPE OF POSITION: Full Time, 1-Year Contract
(approximately 35 hours per week or equivalent)
DURATION: March 1/2024 – February 1/2025
REPORTS TO: Director of Development/Director of Culture and Sport
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 14/2024
START DATE: March 1/2024
ABOUT FOOTBALL ONTARIO
Football Ontario, the sanctioned provincial governing body for football in Ontario, through its focus on community, growth, wellness and excellence, is engaged in providing football for all of Ontario. Football Ontario is driven by a commitment to deliver football programming, opportunities and resources for its members and the provincial football stakeholders.
As the Manager of Flag Development, you will play a pivotal role in the strategic development and implementation of Flag Football programs throughout Ontario. This position requires a blend of creativity, strategic planning, and effective management skills, all aimed at enhancing the growth and sustainability of flag football.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and execute comprehensive flag football programs in line with Football Canada’s Long-Term Athlete Development model.
- Plan, manage, and oversee key flag football events, such as the Intercollegiate Flag Provincials, Summer Games Tour, Flag Provincials and Football Canada Flag Nationals.
- Collaborate with Football Canada committees, Football Ontario members, and various stakeholders to boost the profile and participation in flag football.
- Support Team Ontario Flag programming, ensuring its strategic alignment and success.
- Create valuable resources for coaches, athletes, and officials to facilitate the continued growth and sustainability of Flag Football in the province.
- Advocate for and implement inclusive practices to ensure diversity and community engagement in all aspects of the program.
- Assist with the recruitment, development, and retention of flag officials across the province as well as assist with the booking of flag officials for key flag football events
- Educational Background: A degree in Sports Management, Business Administration, or a related field is an asset but not required.
- Experience in Sports Programming and Administration: Preferably with a specific focus on flag football. This experience is crucial for understanding the nuances of the sport and its community.
- Innovative Thinking: Demonstrated ability to bring new ideas and creative solutions to sports programming, reflecting Football Ontario’s value of innovation.
- Strategic Alignment Skills: Experience in aligning various programs and initiatives with the broader vision of an organization, resonating with Football Ontario’s goal of alignment.
- Commitment to Excellence: A track record of striving for and achieving high standards in sports programming, in line with Football Ontario’s dedication to excellence.
- Wellness Advocacy: A strong focus on promoting health and wellness within the sports community, reflecting the organization’s value of wellness.
- Community Engagement: Experience in involving and mobilizing the community in sports initiatives, demonstrating a commitment to Football Ontario’s value of community.
- Inclusivity and Diversity: Demonstrated experience in creating and implementing inclusive practices in sports programming, aligning with Football Ontario’s commitment to inclusion.
- Leadership Abilities: Strong leadership skills with experience in managing teams and leading projects effectively.
- Communication Skills: Excellent oral and written communication abilities are essential for managing relationships and conveying the vision of the program.
- Adaptability to Virtual Work Environments: Capability to efficiently manage tasks and teams remotely. It is expected that the hiree will attend a variety of regional, provincial, and national flag football events.
- Marketing and Promotion: Able to leverage social media to promote and market flag football events and opportunities in order to continue the growth and awareness of the sport.
- Flexibility: Ability to often work outside of regular business hours when meeting with volunteers, partners, or other key stakeholders.
- Technical Abilities: Computer knowledge in Windows, Google Dirive, Dropbox, Microsoft Office (incl. Excel, Word, Access, Powerpoint, and Publisher), and Microsoft Outlook.
START DATE: March 1st, 2024
COMPENSATION: Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications. There is a possibility of bonus incentives.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit their cover letters and resumes highlighting relevant experience and qualifications in relation to the role by Februrary 14/2024 to email@example.com citing the position title in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Football Ontario is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Football Ontario is committed to celebrating inclusion and diversity in our hiring practices, and promoting these values daily. The organization supports equal employment opportunities for all, regardless of race, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
ABOUT FOOTBALL ONTARIO: Football Ontario is the sanctioned provincial governing body for football in Ontario, through its focus on transparency, growth, alignment and excellence, is engaged in providing football opportunities for all of Ontario. Football Ontario is driven by a commitment to deliver football programming, opportunities and resources for its members and the provincial football stakeholders. Please visit: footballontario.net