For Immediate Release
February 2, 2023
Football Ontario Seeking Officials Coordinator
Football Ontario Looks to Bring on a Part-Time Officials Coordinator
Hamilton, Ontario – Football Ontario is currently accepting applications for an Officials Coordinator position with the organization.
TITLE: OFFICIALS COORDINATOR
TYPE OF POSITION: PART-TIME /CONTRACT
(approximately 10 hours per week or equivalent)
COMPENSATION: $13,000 /year
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 1st/2023
START DATE: March 13th/2023
ABOUT FOOTBALL ONTARIO
Football Ontario, the sanctioned provincial governing body for football in Ontario, through its focus on community, growth, wellness and excellence, is engaged in providing football for all of Ontario. Football Ontario is driven by a commitment to deliver football programming, opportunities and resources for its members and the provincial football stakeholders.
Football Ontario is seeking a part-time Officials Coordinator to collaborate with the Ontario
Football Officials’ Association (OFOA), OFOA President and non-contact officials. The
successful candidate will report to the Executive Director of Football Ontario and work
collaboratively with the OFOA President and be responsible for coordinating officiating-related tasks. This is a contract role for a specific duration and at no time during the tenure will an employment relationship be established with either Football Ontario or the OFOA.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
● Coordinate recruitment and training initiatives with Football Ontario, OFOA, and local
officiating associations for contact and non-contact
● Coordinator with Football Ontario, OFOA and officials associations FCOCP clinics and
● Document and track new officials in the province through the OFOA database, Football
Canada Officials portal and Football Ontario registry
● Establish and communicate rule variations and officiating standards with football leagues and local officials’ associations
● Develop and communicate standards for consistency in officiating across the province
● Schedule all officiating requirements for championships and attend and support officials at all championships
● Attend OFOA executive meetings and report on assigned tasks
● Assist with the collection and tracking of penalty data and player ejections
● Non-contact official recruitment and retention
● Post-secondary degree preferable in Physical Education/Coaching or Sport Management.
● Active official in a local association in Ontario
● Strong knowledge and skills of football officiating with a minimum of 5 years of experience
● Excellent oral and written communication skills
● Strong team player with ability to work independently
● Initiative and ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
● Quick study and willingness to learn
● Knowledge of Football
● Travel will be required
● Strong organizational skills.
● Experience coordinating events
● Computer knowledge in Windows, Google Drive, Dropbox, Microsoft Office (incl. Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, and Publisher) and Microsoft Outlook.
● Ability and willingness to work some extended hours
START DATE: March 13th/2023
COMPENSATION: Salary for this position is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send all cover letters and resumes by March 1st/2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org
citing the position title in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Football Ontario is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
ABOUT FOOTBALL ONTARIO: Football Ontario is the sanctioned provincial governing body for football in Ontario, through its focus on transparency, growth, alignment and excellence, is engaged in providing football opportunities for all of Ontario. Football Ontario is driven by a commitment to deliver football programming, opportunities and resources for its members and the provincial football stakeholders. Please visit: footballontario.net