2022 OCFFL Provincial Flag Championships
ENTRY RULES AND FORM
Please read the following entry rules and click on the entry form at the bottom of the page for Senior Registration.
The entry deadline for Senior Men’s and Women’s is April 15.
The Football Ontario 5-a-Side Provincial Championship will be played on May 21-23, 2022.
The U12/U14/U16 age groups will play on May 21/22.
The U18/U20/Senior age groups will play on May 22/23.
The Location of the Provincial Championship is:
City Wide Sports Park, 1510 Commissioners Road East, London, Ontario, Canada
The game format for the Flag Football Provincial Championship Tournament is 5-a-side.
Age Categories and divisions can be found at the bottom of the page.
- Application to enter the Flag Football Provincial Championship Tournament must be made on the online entry forms. Football Ontario members must be registered with an association if they wish to participate. Non-members must fill out the (forms) to be able to participate.
- Deadline: Application forms for Senior Men’s and Senior Women’s must be submitted by April 15, 2022. Forms will not be accepted if submitted after the deadline.
- Entry Fee: For all age categories Football Ontario members will have to pay an entry fee of $400. Non-Members will have to pay an entry fee of $500.
- Coaches and assistants must have the appropriate certificate to coach in the Flag Football Provincial Championship Tournament. The following certificates must have been completed:
- Safe Sport E-Learning
- Making Headway in Football
- For Senior Men’s (18+) and Senior Women’s (18+) there will be no Regional Tournaments so participation/registration will be on a first come first served basis.
- For all other age groups (excluding Senior Men’s and Senior Women’s) to qualify for the Provincial Championship Weekend you must be one of the five winning teams from any of the Regional Tournament or be selected as the wildcard team. These 6 teams, along with the Team Ontario flag team and a host flag team will participate in a round robin.
The Flag FootballProvincial Championship Tournament will be played in the following age divisions:
|Under 12 Mixed (10-11)||2011 – 2012|
|Under 14 Male, Under 14 Female (12-13)||2009 – 2010|
|Under 16 Male, Under 16 Female (14-15)||2007 – 2008|
|Under 18 Male, Under 18 Female (16-17)||2005 – 2006|
|Under 20 Male, Under 20 Female (18-19)||2003 – 2004|
|Senior Male, Senior Female (18+)||Born 05/21/04 or Earlier|
- The Flag Football Provincial Championships Tournament is open for registration to all Senior Men and Women who wish to participate.
- All members and non-members are eligible to register a team to participate in the Flag Football Provincial Championship Tournament.
- Players may only play for one team during the tournament
- Games will be played following the 5-a-side rules published by Football Canada.
- There will be a total of eight teams per age division
- Roster size: Teams must have a minimum of seven players with a maximum of twelve players per team. Mixed-gender teams must have a minimum of two players for each gender.
- Tournament takes place over two days.
- Guaranteed 4 games, two on Saturday and two on Sunday.
- Any team failing to show up or produce a minimum of seven players to participate will:
- Forfeit its entry fee
- Pay any applicable officials and travelling fees/expenses incurred
- Managers and coaches of the team failing to be present/produce the minimum playing number may be subject to further disciplinary action.
- Football Ontario and the OCFFL committee will not be responsible for any expenses incurred by any team or individual if the tournament is rescheduled or cancelled.
- Football Ontario shall decide on all matters about the tournament. The rules created by Football Ontario are final and subject to no further appeal.