2022 Community Sport Club Grants
Provincial Funding to Community Clubs
The Community Sport Club Grant is for members of the PSO who offer programming that supports alignment within the amateur sport system by offering a range of grassroots and competitive programming. This funding will support community football clubs across the province in sustaining their organizations and prepare for when football is able to fully return safely.
1. Must be a member club with all updated membership requirements for 2022
2. Must be able to demonstrate expenses incurred related to the COVID-19 pandemic. This could include increases in programming expenses such as participants withdrawing from existing programs, increased expenses due to PPE and/or lower ratios of participants per facility.
3. Must provide updated 2021 financials showing losses incurred
4. Must provide contacts for your association to begin using the Football Canada Mobile app and Players Health Rehab app (Both free to members)
5. Commit to running a Football Canada First Down Program (ages 4 – 7) in the spring/fall if COVID-19 restrictions permit.
If you have any questions please contact: email@example.com
Goal of the Community Club Grant
This grant aims to support Ontario coaches and participants with the tools they need to get back on the playing field, while keeping safety top of mind.
Sports play a vital role in our communities, and has been sorely missed over the past year. While we are very excited at the prospect of resuming play, we also recognize that there will be new costs that many will be responsible for in order to keep themselves and their athletes safe.
This fund aims to offset some of these coach expenses, so that a safe return to sport remains accessible for all of Ontario.
Applications for the grant run from March 21st until April 22nd.
Timelines For Application
Approval of Grant Process: March 21st, 2022
Distribute, Promote Grant and Application Process: March 22nd, 2022
Deadline For Grant Application Submission: April 22nd, 2022
Review and Approve Submissions: April 22nd, 2022 – May 9th, 2022
Distribute Funds: May 9th, 2022 – May 21st, 2022